Just had a great conversation with a customer about her ring. She bought it from another store and was adamant that she got white gold. She's had her ring about a year and now it's yellowing.
I reassured her and told her, that's normal.
All white gold, starts as yellow gold. It's mixed with whiter metals that make it whiter, but still not quite that bright shiny white that we are attracted to. From there the gold is rhodium flashed, which gives it that bright white finish that we love.
That rhodium typically wears off in about 12-18 months, it really depends on the ph of the person. From what I have seen natural redheads wear through it quicker, and pregnant women leech through it with lightening speed.
If you are not excited about your gold turning yellow, you can opt for platinum (I'll write a pro and con entry on this later), or palladium (which is a sister metal to platinum). Both platinum and palladium are naturally white metals.
No comments:
Post a Comment